Throwing sticks for your dog can be dangerous …

posted in: Pet Sitting | 0

Dead on arrival – the family pet impaled on a stick thrown by his Lincolnshire owner

Screen Shot 2016-01-30 at 4.22.25 PM

A Lincolnshire vet who has performed dozens of life-saving operations to save dogs impaled on sticks thrown by their owners
has joined an international call appeal to stop the “dangerous” centuries-old tradition.
Gordon Lochrie spoke out in support of a Scottish vet
who had to remove a four-inch long splinter wedged deep in a smooth collie’s throat.
And the veterinary surgeon who runs the family practice at Morton near Gainsborough with his wife Mandy
revealed that they saw at least two cases every year caused by owners playing ‘fetch’ with their pets.

[ More By CJHall_LE ]